Not long after I first tried Rotosound guitar strings on my electrics, I decided to try them on my acoustic guitar, as well. I was even more blown away by the acoustic strings. At first I thought they sounded a little thin. I wasn’t used to acoustic strings that were that bright, and I thought […]
Tag Archives | Strings
When I bought a 12-string bass, I never really thought about the logistics involved in buying strings for the thing. I quickly discovered that no one I care for sells a set of strings for the 12-string bass. This left me only one option; to buy two sets of Rotosound strings for an 8-string bass, […]
Although I’ve tried other strings through the decades, Rotosound Swing 66 bass strings are all that I’ve ever used. The only reason other bass strings have ever been on my instruments is because I couldn’t find Rotosounds at the time. I’ve never been happy with anything else. There’s good reason for it, too. If you […]
I was wandering around Sam Ash in Charlotte, North Carolina some time in the early 2000’s when I noticed a damned odd sight. They had some guitar strings that were labeled “Rotosound”. I was dumbfounded. I don’t know why, but I didn’t think Rotosound even made guitar strings. In my 20 or so years of […]
I decided to break tradition and not use the traditional Rotosound strings on my fretless bass. The fingerboard on the fretless is soft rosewood, so there was no doubt in my mind that standard bass strings would chew up the fingerboard. Someone suggested that I try Elixir strings, because they’re coated with some magickal elixir […]
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- If You Listen January 13, 2010
- We Are At War February 15, 2017
- Paid Political Trolls December 11, 2016
- Christian White Supremacy and Mike Pence November 16, 2016
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...