I had thought about buying a 12-string for some time before finding this guitar. I’d thought mostly about buying an electric, though, because I had several songs that I’d used the 12-string neck of my old Aria double-neck guitar on. While I had found 12-string acoustics that I liked, none really suited me.
Tag Archives | Guitar
Prior to buying this guitar, I never really had any intention of buying an acoustic guitar. While I had toyed around with the idea, and thought it’d be nice to have one, I never really thought seriously about buying one. One fine day I wandered into the acoustic guitar section.
Different people call this instrument by various names. I’ve heard it called a Hawaiian guitar. Lap steel guitar. Country guitar. Call it what you will. Now, as for what you can play on them, well, that’s another story. They’re not exactly rock and roll instruments. You’ll hear higher-end versions on popular country songs.
Here’s a beat up old road whore for ya. This guitar originally belonged to my cousin, Chris Short, who was, I believe, the second owner. He played it for years back in the early 1980′s in a North Carolina band called Roller (I was their Light-man).
The gods intended for me to own this guitar. I’d never shown much interest in Stratocasters. At least not in regard to buying one. I liked their sound, but I didn’t like the way they played. The neck was too fat, or too rounded, or too something. I don’t really know.
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- Carlo Robelli SSBFL Fretless December 5, 2008
- Encounter with a High-Stepper June 21, 2017
- Is This the Life We Really Want? June 11, 2017
- Reconfigure, Repurpose, Redeploy? June 3, 2017
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...