I don’t know that I’ve ever written about my father on Father’s Day. The reality of our relationship is that I really didn’t know the man. The marriage with my mother was brief (less than five years). I was a small child when they divorced, and throughout my early life on up until his death […]
Tag Archives | Family
When I was in North Carolina I found a box on Mama’s kitchen table in among some mail. It had a bracelet inside. Upon the bracelet was engraved the initials “WRL”. I thought about who that might be. Mama was always buying little things for people. But I couldn’t think of anyone with those initials. […]
Today is my mother’s birthday. She’s a hard woman to buy gifts for. Every year, in the weeks and months leading up to her birthday, I start pondering the possibilities. But I always wind up feeling like Mama has been short-changed. The problem is, what possible gift do you give to someone who is herself […]
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- Carlo Robelli SSBFL Fretless December 5, 2008
- Encounter with a High-Stepper June 21, 2017
- Is This the Life We Really Want? June 11, 2017
- Reconfigure, Repurpose, Redeploy? June 3, 2017
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...