By Kevin Eckstrom Religion News Service (RNS) Fire officials in Gainesville, Fla., have denied a permit to a church that wants to burn Qurans on Sept. 11, but church officials said they’ll go ahead with the protest that has garnered worldwide attention. Leaders of the Dove World Outreach Center say “Islam is of the Devil” […]
Tag Archives | Christian Right
There is more evidence of the lunacy of the Far Right, as reports trickle in about the nine people in a “Christian warrior” militia group, called the Hutaree, who were accused Monday of plotting to kill a Michigan law enforcement officer and then attack other police at the resulting funeral. It really shouldn’t surprise anyone […]
Conservative religious groups roundly criticized President Obama last Thursday for what the Associated Press called his “muted” observance of National Prayer Day. Traditionally, during George W. Bush’s administration, Shirley Dobson, the chairwoman of National Day of Prayer Task Force, which organizes the prayer day festivities, would celebrate the day of prayer at the White House. […]
Monday, May 17, 1999 Christian right takes new tactic By George Bullard/The Detroit News The Christian right, which promised to revolutionize government in Michigan and elsewhere, has developed schisms after an uneven record of achievement. It accomplished only a fraction of what it set out to do 20 years ago. Also, most Americans probably don’t […]
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- If You Listen January 13, 2010
- We Are At War February 15, 2017
- Paid Political Trolls December 11, 2016
- Christian White Supremacy and Mike Pence November 16, 2016
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...