I won’t be shedding any tears over Lemmy Kilmister. He was a hard-drinking, hard-living Rock & Roll animal who probably lived well past his natural expiration date. He wasn’t a particularly gifted lyricist, but he had a wry sense of humor that always crept in Motorhead songs.
When I saw this article, I immediately thought “Wil Wheaton is right”. I expected there would be plenty of people posting comments about how Wil Wheaton was a spoiled Hollywood celebrity, and belittling artists who expect compensation for their work.
For longer than I would care to admit, logging in to Facebook has been part of my morning routine. I don’t know why. It just is. I seem to know a lot of people there. Or at least there’s a lot of people there than I used to know.
I’m from North Carolina. I’ve put up with the Confederate battle flag all of my life, and used to have that outlook. “Aw, let the rednecks have their flag. Who’re they really hurting?” But it was more benign when I was young.
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- If You Listen January 13, 2010
- We Are At War February 15, 2017
- Paid Political Trolls December 11, 2016
- Christian White Supremacy and Mike Pence November 16, 2016
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...
For updates and occasional ponderables, send me your e-mail address (I won't tell if you won't).