Vice-president Elect Mike Pence is a Christian Dominionist. He dreams of a Christian theocracy, rejects the separation of church and state, and places his Christian faith above the U.S. Constitution. Pence describes himself as “a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order”.
Here’s the one thing young people will come to understand as they get older. Idealism and ideology often fall short when applied to real-world scenarios. Reality doesn’t often cooperate with our in-born need to pat ourselves on the back.
All I’m really writing to say here is that I’m still alive, I’m bound and determined to find a way to reach those ancient goals of mine, and for the first time in ages I finally feel like I’m starting to get some traction.
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- Carlo Robelli SSBFL Fretless December 5, 2008
- Encounter with a High-Stepper June 21, 2017
- Is This the Life We Really Want? June 11, 2017
- Reconfigure, Repurpose, Redeploy? June 3, 2017
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...