I hope people will eventually realize that we are at war. The Right is waging a full-blown onslaught upon American democracy. The idea of “resistance” can no longer be theoretical. Shit got real. Time to put aside the slogans and step up.
Archive | Journal RSS feed for this section
One disturbing aspect of modern politics is the advent of paid political trolls. Anyone who has been online for any length of time learned to spot them long ago. The sad truth of our currently sideways culture is that conservative political action committees and special interest groups are literally paying people to troll social media.
Vice-president Elect Mike Pence is a Christian Dominionist. He dreams of a Christian theocracy, rejects the separation of church and state, and places his Christian faith above the U.S. Constitution. Pence describes himself as “a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order”.
Here’s the one thing young people will come to understand as they get older. Idealism and ideology often fall short when applied to real-world scenarios. Reality doesn’t often cooperate with our in-born need to pat ourselves on the back.
Most of us are not eager to live in an apocalyptic wasteland. I won’t risk a Donald Trump presidency by sitting out an election in my cozy, high tower of impractical ideology.
All I’m really writing to say here is that I’m still alive, I’m bound and determined to find a way to reach those ancient goals of mine, and for the first time in ages I finally feel like I’m starting to get some traction.
This is probably just a way-point. If I’m as busy as I expect to be from here on out, conceits like this web site won’t matter much. Here’s to new adventures. And on we go.
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- If You Listen January 13, 2010
- We Are At War February 15, 2017
- Paid Political Trolls December 11, 2016
- Christian White Supremacy and Mike Pence November 16, 2016
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...
For updates and occasional ponderables, send me your e-mail address (I won't tell if you won't).