My nephew died yesterday. Well, my ex-nephew. I’m not sure about the protocols here. He was the son of my former step-sister, whose name I don’t mention and whose relationship with me ended upon my mother’s divorce from her father. I think that last sentence pretty much sums up the relationship.
I set up a checking account today. It’s the first I’ve had since 2007. That seems strange to say. I didn’t plan to drop out of the system or anything. It just worked out that way. Let’s just say that misadventures were involved. The finances haven’t been what they could have been. This […]
By the time I actually watched South Korean rapper Psy’s “Gangnam Style” video on YouTube it was already well over the 700 million views mark. So it’s fair to say I was a little late to the party. Once I listened to it, though, it was fairly obvious why the song was so […]
I may live in Florida now, but I’m from the state North Carolina, and I’ll always be proud of my North Carolina heritage. In some way, shape or form, North Carolina will always be home for. The beaches of around Saint Petersburg, Florida are beautiful, but something about the mountains of western North […]
Please Note: This blog is semi-retired and is mostly left in place for archival purposes. Any blog-type posts I make now are left to sink or swim on the main page.
- Is Afton Live A Scam? Any Worse Than Venues? August 10, 2010
- Gevalia Coffee Scam February 19, 2009
- Million Dollar Award Scam August 20, 2008
- R.I.P. Rusty McAbee November 14, 2013
- A Return To The Game April 16, 2013
- What’s With The Psy Hate? April 13, 2013
- Chris Boehm: Thanks for writing this. I had to look up this company after I saw it wasn’t the...
- healthtrekker: I found something like this, too. There is a “Share By Email” button that...
- Mike: My band, AFTERLIFE, just got one of these emails from Afton Live. Or MyAfton as it was listed in...