A few mostly random facts about the madman behind this website. More than you probably ever wanted to know about Wicasta Lovelace.
Wicasta currently lives in Saint Petersburg, Florida. He’s married to a wonderful woman named Victoria, who seems to think that he can do no wrong (artistically) but that he lacks proper motivation (she has a point). Right now Wicasta is working on various unfinished projects, but is mostly hoping to get off of his ass and finish something for a change.
Depending upon whom you ask, Wicasta could be considered a writer, a poet, a musician, or an artist. If you poke around a bit, you’ll find evidence to support any of those assertions floating around on the web site, and can make up your own mind as to whether any of it holds water.
Rejecting traditional models of generating revenue and/or attaining success, Wicasta self-publishes his own work through his publishing company, Windhaven Network, based upon the belief that it is, or should be, enough for an artist to find ways of making a living from his or her work without engaging in the closed loop obsession of striving solely for riches and super-stardom; that sustainability is itself the very definition of success.
Wicasta supplements his income by providing web hosting and development services for individual and business clients, audio editing and mastering for musicians and bands, product development and deployment and social networking consulting, all through the Windhaven Network brand. As well, Wicasta continues to make write, record and release music via three primary ongoing musical projects; acoustic Rock with Windhaven, electric Blues / Rock with Catdaddy Pirates, and experimental / Progressive Rock under his own name.
Wicasta and Victoria also supplement their income through Victoria’s excellent online t-shirt store, Floozees Doozees, which features eclectic designs with plenty of sass and attitude, in sizes up to 5X.
2013 projects include:
WRITING / EDITING
- Poetry & Other Psychoses – a collection of poems and free verse.
- The Fifth Circle – a short story collection.
- M.E. Caldwell – publication of Wicasta’s 20 year old unfinished novel.
- Mama Peggy’s Recipes & Ruminations – a collection of recipes, wit and wisdom from Peggy Chaney, Wicasta’s mother.
- Malleus Maleficarum – a print edition of Wicasta’s online republication of the infamous “Witch Hammer” by Heinrich Kramer and James Sprenger (already published online at MalleusMaleficarum.org).
- When The Rains Fall – an album with Windhaven.
- The Fifth Circle – an album with Windhaven.
- Indie Frontline – a documentary and web series focusing on the struggles of independent musicians.