Reports of Roger Waters protests are just more Right-Wing delusion aimed at giving people the vapors. They’re not based in reality. Yes, people have walked out. But it’s not the mass exodus you’d expect from the breathless reporting.
The truth is, “Is This the Life We Really Want?” is not an album for the casual listener. None of Waters’ solo works have been, really. People who show up expecting Pink Floyd are going to be disappointed (you can usually spot them, because they’re always whining about David Gilmour).
I’ve been thinking about an encounter I had with a lady at my cousin’s funeral last week. For context, I just want to say that when you’re outside of all major religious thought and practice, you learn to recognize these “high-steppers” early on. All faiths have them.
I’ve been thinking a lot about the many broadsides I’ve seen launched against Roger Waters now that he’s released a new album, “Is This the Life We Really Want?”. I’ve mostly been thinking about how I’ve always found myself in the position of defending Waters, ever since the release of “The Pros and Cons of […]
As ever, the question remains whether we should Reconfigure, Repurpose, and Redeploy? Sometimes the only logical thing to do is step off of the path you’re on, and simply start over. That’s never made more sense to me than it does right now.
I hope people will eventually realize that we are at war. The Right is waging a full-blown onslaught upon American democracy. The idea of “resistance” can no longer be theoretical. Shit got real. Time to put aside the slogans and step up.
One disturbing aspect of modern politics is the advent of paid political trolls. Anyone who has been online for any length of time learned to spot them long ago. The sad truth of our currently sideways culture is that conservative political action committees and special interest groups are literally paying people to troll social media.
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- If You Listen January 13, 2010
- Roger Waters Protests July 13, 2017
- Be Calm, and Wait for It – Is This the Life We Really Want? June 28, 2017
- Encounter with a High-Stepper June 21, 2017
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...