For longer than I would care to admit, logging in to Facebook has been part of my morning routine. I don’t know why. It just is. I seem to know a lot of people there. Or at least there’s a lot of people there than I used to know.
I’m from North Carolina. I’ve put up with the Confederate battle flag all of my life, and used to have that outlook. “Aw, let the rednecks have their flag. Who’re they really hurting?” But it was more benign when I was young.
Sadly, in the aftermath of the terrorist acts in Charleston, South Carolina, the ongoing dialogue in many circles has not been over the hatred that motivated the shooter, but upon the Confederate battle flag flying over the capitol building in Columbia.
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- If You Listen January 13, 2010
- Carlo Robelli SSBFL Fretless December 5, 2008
- Do Any of Us Need Facebook? June 30, 2015
- I’ve Put Up with the Confederate Battle Flag All My Life June 27, 2015
- The Confederate Battle Flag is About Heritage? June 23, 2015
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...
- Jonathan: I picked up one exactly like yours at a pawn shop....
For updates and occasional ponderables, send me your e-mail address (I won't tell if you won't).