This sums up my attitude today. It applies to all things. I am not religious because I will not kneel. If I will not kneel before the gods of this world, why would I kneel before Man? Therefore, I do not kneel.
I’m cautious from past experience, but overall I’m easing into a new year with a sense of hope and determination. Now that New Year’s is out of the way, I can get on with it. Let’s see what’s around the corner.
I won’t be shedding any tears over Lemmy Kilmister. He was a hard-drinking, hard-living Rock & Roll animal who probably lived well past his natural expiration date. He wasn’t a particularly gifted lyricist, but he had a wry sense of humor that always crept in Motorhead songs.
If more of us were actually adults instead of over-grown children just pretending to be adults, we could talk about suicide, and have a sustained, reasoned discussion about this very real issue. But I don’t see that happening.
When I saw this article, I immediately thought “Wil Wheaton is right”. I expected there would be plenty of people posting comments about how Wil Wheaton was a spoiled Hollywood celebrity, and belittling artists who expect compensation for their work.
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- If You Listen January 13, 2010
- Carlo Robelli SSBFL Fretless December 5, 2008
- I Do Not Kneel January 28, 2016
- Let’s See What’s Around the Corner January 1, 2016
- Lemmy Kilmister December 30, 2015
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
- Angel: I read your letter and Im sorry to hear sunnys gon...
- Jonathan: I picked up one exactly like yours at a pawn shop....
For updates and occasional ponderables, send me your e-mail address (I won't tell if you won't).