One disturbing aspect of modern politics is the advent of paid political trolls. Anyone who has been online for any length of time learned to spot them long ago. The sad truth of our currently sideways culture is that conservative political action committees and special interest groups are literally paying people to troll social media.
Vice-president Elect Mike Pence is a Christian Dominionist. He dreams of a Christian theocracy, rejects the separation of church and state, and places his Christian faith above the U.S. Constitution. Pence describes himself as “a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order”.
Here’s the one thing young people will come to understand as they get older. Idealism and ideology often fall short when applied to real-world scenarios. Reality doesn’t often cooperate with our in-born need to pat ourselves on the back.
All I’m really writing to say here is that I’m still alive, I’m bound and determined to find a way to reach those ancient goals of mine, and for the first time in ages I finally feel like I’m starting to get some traction.
- Malleus Maleficarum Introduction November 14, 2007
- The Theft Of Pink Floyd (essay) April 2, 2010
- 1992 Ovation Ultra December 5, 2008
- Paid Political Trolls December 11, 2016
- Christian White Supremacy and Mike Pence November 16, 2016
- Both Third-Party Candidates Would Be Terrible Presidents October 1, 2016
- Chile’s Salvador Allende: “Judeo-Bolshevik” as Charged or Misunderstood “Good Jew”? | Aryan Skynet: […] as one writer has formulated, “Who it ...
- My-Two Cents-Worth: I would not be too surprised if it came to light m...
- Kate: Drudge and the other creeps who targeted Clinton o...
For updates and occasional ponderables, send me your e-mail address (I won't tell if you won't).